On this page:
____+ Individual Lesson fees
____+ Group Programs fees
____+ Important Stuff about attendance
____+ Payment options
____+ Dates to remember
Note: the information on this page is subject to change.
New students may sign up at any time during the course of each semester and will be only charged from the time of their registration. Sign up any time!
Please check back regularly to this page or feel free to contact us at the admin office. Thanks.
Lessons are purchased in semester packages (1. Fall/Winter and 2.Winter/Spring). Semester prices for the season are available by contacting the admin office. Monthly instalments are available as a payment option.
Group program fees may vary from program to program. Group fees are set at a flat rate for each semester and are due at the beginning of each semester. Please visit our Lessons page for details on each program.
There is a $35 non-refundable annual registration fee for every registered family (i.e. if you have two family members registered, the fee is just $35 in total. Hooray!).
Important Stuff about attendance (cancellations/reschedules):
1. Cancellation policy for Individual Lessons: We require a minimum of 48 hours notice by email for any cancellation or unfortunately the lesson must be forfeit. More than 48 hours notice is definitely preferred! Thanks.
2. Cancelling a lesson: Students may cancel a lesson if necessary. The fee equivalent for a maximum of one missed lesson can be credited to their account at the end of the semester. Additional cancelled lessons can either be rescheduled within the semester or will be forfeit. Lessons which are missed without the required 48 hours notice by email cannot be credited or rescheduled. Group programs: cancellations for individual students are not available in the group programs (flat rate).
3. Rescheduling your lesson: Students may reschedule lessons based on the availability of their instructor. Other instructors may be chosen to reschedule your lesson to as well. Rescheduling a lesson needs to be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the lesson to be missed, but more notice for the instructor is preferred. All rescheduled lessons must be made within the current semester of the class missed or must be forfeit (see “Cancelling a lesson” above for credit options for missed lessons.)
For more details including info on our Sick Day policy, please visit our Rescheduling Options page .
4. If a student is absent 4 times or more in one semester, the studio may elect to de-enrol that student from that semester, losing their time slot. Contact the studio if you have any concerns in advance of expected long absences.
5. SUMMER LESSONS: Summer lessons work differently than our regular season lessons and do not happen every year. They are priced at a special reduced rate in lieu of restrictions (i.e. no cancellations or make-ups). For more info please contact the studio.
Payments are due at the beginning of each semester. Payment can be made with:
• credit card (Visa and Mastercard)
• cheque (payable to Kitchen Music Studios INC.) <–the “INC.” is important 🙂
Monthly payment plan! This is a popular, affordable and hassle-free option for automatic monthly payments on your credit card. We accept Visa and Mastercard. Contact the admin office for details.
A 10% administration fee may be charged to all accounts which are overdue more than 30 days. These policies are subject to change without notice. Please visit this page regularly for updates.
Please contact the admin office if you need a tax receipt and we’ll get that out to you.
Dates to Remember
Semester Schedule 2018-2019 Season:
FALL/WINTER SEMESTER 2018: September 10th to February 2nd.
# of weeks in fall: MON=18, TUES=19, WED=19, THUR=19, FRI=18 , SAT=17
WINTER/SPRING SEMESTER 2019: February 4th to June 15th.
# of weeks in spring: MON= 15 , TUES=18, WED=18, THURS=18, FRI=17, SAT=15