COVID Update for the Kitchen Music Community
We’re here for you! Online and In-Person
In addition to in-person lessons this year, we will also continue to offer our popular Kitchen Music Virtual Studio for online lessons.
We continue to stay apprised of our local, provincial and federal government announcements and the Toronto District School Board for safety recommendations. We will keep you posted on any changes throughout the year and are more than happy to chat with you on the phone.
Safety plans and procedures are in place in order to welcome you safely here in-person in the Kitchen when official authorities’ recommendations allow.
CURRENT STATUS: Online lesson delivery only until Jan 25th 2021.
Below are our Covid-19 Prevention Protocols for in-studio lessons when available, beginning Fall 2020:
•Plexiglass screens have been added between student and teacher.
• Some seating in the waiting lounge has been removed for more optimal physical distancing.
• Two of our five in-person studios will be closed.
• All of our active studios have windows and fans for fresh air circulation.
•Doorknobs, piano keys and other surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
•Covid-19 screening questionnaire will be posted at the entrance of the building and in the studios inside.
•Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available in the waiting lounge and in all studios.
• A 10-minute buffer of time has been added between all lessons in order to minimize studio traffic. Lesson times are also staggered as much as possible between the different studio rooms.
• Increased internet reliability with a wifi extender has been installed. Instructors will conduct both in-person and online lessons from the studio to accommodate all options for students seamlessly.
• Vocal instruction will remain online only, while all other instruments are available for in-person instruction. READ HERE about the various research collected by Public Health Ontario. Contact the studio if you take a combination lesson (i.e. piano/vocal) and we’ll discuss the options with you.
- All visitors are asked to disinfect their hands upon arrival. Hand sanitizers will be available in the entrance area and spray bottle hand sanitizers in all studios.
- Everyone will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms upon arrival (including parents, students, instructors). Screening includes a short questionnaire and a touchless temperature check. No one will be allowed to enter if there are any present symptoms of illness. If you arrive with symptoms, your lesson will be forfeited. For this reason it’s encouraged to pre-screen at home before you attend your lesson.
- Masks must be worn in upon entering the building and in studio for your lesson. Disposable masks can be available here if you do not have one of your own. Children under the age of 2 are not required. If you have a condition that prevents your ability to wear a mask practically please let us know, so that we can help all visitors feel as comfortable as possible.
- Social distancing will be practiced as much as possible.
- Our little waiting lounge is strictly limited now, so it’s best to not to plan to stay and wait for the duration of your child’s lesson. There will be accommodation for a max of 3-4 people socially distanced in the waiting lounge. We have a canopy tent set up in the garden and chairs in the warmer months for outside waiting.
- There will be limited capacity in-studio to invite parents to sit in on our younger students’ lessons as we limit the number of people in the building. Consult your instructor at your arrival if a parent visit at the beginning or end the lesson is available that day. Or you can call our office in advance to arrange one.
- Food and drink will not be permitted in the building.
- Our instruments or books are not available to use or borrow during the lesson. All students must be sure to bring their own instrument and lesson materials to every in-person lesson. Pianos excepted (of course!).
It will be a different experience than we are all used to that’s for sure! But they are all a necessary part of our community effort that will allow us to welcome you back to your friendly neighbourhood music studio (either virtually or in person) and continue your music journey. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Music is and will continue to be an important element to learn and grow with, for both children and adults, most especially in trying times such as these. We are committed to delivering this to our community in the best way possible.
Let’s keep making music together…